Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED HELP on LINE FOLLOWING ROBOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your system will be something like this:

Sensors->Comparator->Controller->H-bridge->Motors

I used LED/Phototransistor pairs for sensors, LM324 for comparator, PIC18f4520 controller, L298 for H-bridge, And 2 Dunker motors.

i think all you need is to search for each circuit, and interface all the circuits, and you're ready to go programming, you can also use proteus for simulation or electronics workbench..

for programming, you can use, any programmer available on the internet...( like JDM,paralel port programmer,galva wisp, PICKIT2, etc..)

tips for line sensor: place you're light sensor as close to the surface, so that the next sensor will not pick up stray light from a nearby sensor pair...

you almost have you're parts, and the circuit diagram is already available on the internet...

Good Luck On You're Project....

;) ;) ;)

Interesting how an old thread can be revived.

I am new to Robotics, so I picked up a NXT, just to keep it simple to start. Line following is rather interesting when you try to do it with speed. I had attended a compitition (for kids) and saw that the Bots waddled down the line. I wanted to build something that did not waddle.
My first Bot:

The light sensor is on the end of a swing arm, and the bot moves based on the angle the arm is at when it transitions off the black line. This little guy goes 100% in the straights and slows for corners.
Lots of fun!
Sckoarn

yes..... NXT is a very good choice to do robotics, but is a bit costly,
but doing ourself with raw material with basic controllers would be very good...

sir, is it also the samae with lego controllers?

i saw some of this, type of controllers here in the philippines, but it cost too much...

LEGO' RCX is 8 bit controller and NXT is 32 bit controller. PIC and other controllers are not same as them.. they are more far superior compared to these.. but doing it on simple controllers are good to learn.... LEGO has its own IDE, programming syntax and different from others.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back