Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on digital clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtmaidoki

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a novice in programming and working on the design of a digital clock with calendar and temperature display. Though, I have soldered the project to working conditions, I am encountering some difficulties which I suspect to be from the source code.
The problem is such that if I power the device, it seems to hang without showing the time, calendar and temperature. But after pressing the RESET button on several times it showed the data without running the clock and the current temperature is displayed only after I press the INCR button.
Thus attached are the circuit diagram and source code, and I hope someone would help me out. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• digital_clock.zip
    514.1 KB · Views: 109

try this basic steps..
originally posted by: ckshivaram sir,

1. try to do reset two or three times after power on..
2. check if the pin 9 is tied to Vcc permanently.
3. crystal oscillates or not, by measuring the voltage at pin 18 and 19.
3. what is the power supply you are using
4. Check with other controllers if they behave the same way.. if yes then its hardware problem.
5. check the power supply and current rating...
6. check if it is getting programmed properly...

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/217758/#post924092

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back