Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on circulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sv1437

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I have a circulator in my lab from "Advanced Microwave Labs" with the model number: AMF-2727.

But nothing is mentioned regarding the frequency range of operation or the power level it can handle.

I tried to search in google, but could not find. Could anyone of you help with this. Thanks,

-sv.

This is about 20 years old product, so even if somebody is telling you the frequency range would be indicated to measure yourself its characteristics using a Network Analyzer.
For power handling the dimensions can give you a rough idea, especially for old circulators. Nowadays small circulators can handle higher power, because they use better quality ferrites.

Reactions: sv1437

sv1437

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Thank you vfone, it has N-type female ports. I can determine the frequency range using a Network Analyzer. But I think, determining the power handling capability is difficult.

Do you have any suggestions for that ?

-sv

No, I don't think is a non-destructive solution to find this. You can increase the power until the in-band insertion loss goes higher, but doing this you damage the internal ferrite.
Check on the net for similar products like the one below:
https://www.pasternack.com/Pdf/PE8410.pdf

Usually the max power of old circulators goes in steps as: 10W, 30W, 100W, 300W...and so on.

Reactions: sv1437

sv1437

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back