Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on a DIY for Guitar Amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmadithya

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I built a Guitar Amplifier for my Box Guitar. I am using a pick up to connect it to AMP.
The problem is it picking up some FM radio signals rather than Amplifying the sound of the guitar. I've added a picture to show the same.

a.jpg

I'm 99% sure that your problem is your layout. Basically, you've got a high-gain amplifier with an antenna on the input. Use shielded cable for your input, for starters; that will help. That pot across pins 1-8 is a very bad idea, it's another way for noise to get into your amp-use a pot on the input to adjust the gain. Everything should be mounted very close to the chip, not flapping in the breeze like you have it. You may need to use a higher gain configuration, depending on the output of your pickup.

7629978600_1353337115.jpg

Put a 10K to 50K resistor on input as shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.