Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help : Inductor & capacitor design for the boost co

Status
Not open for further replies.

manjul

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing the Boost coverter for boosting input voltage from 200 V to 325 V.

I need you help in this regard. How to design the inductor & capacitor for boost coverter?

Re: Need Help : Inductor & capacitor design for the boos

inductor depends mainly on ripple on inductor current
then you can design capacitor that depends mainly on output voltage ripple

If that so you need to design the step up transformer for you to make the 325 v of power...
because the inductor and a capacitor cannot do it because it is mainly a power filter....
If so use the rectifier diode with high breakdown voltage but the problem of this is you cannot control the voltage because it will creat more than 600v depinding upon what value of capacitor is...

Re: Need Help : Inductor & capacitor design for the boos

carl_arc3x4 said:
If that so you need to design the step up transformer for you to make the 325 v of power...
because the inductor and a capacitor cannot do it because it is mainly a power filter....
I don't agree. Filter can be made using Inductor and capacitor but inductor can be used also in step-up power supply. And a step-up can give you 325 V with a 200 V supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back