Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in this circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

incol

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all:
See the circuit. M1 and m3, m6 and m7 have the same size. When m1 and m3's gate voltage, amp's +input are all 1/2VCC, I want amp's output is also 1/2VCC. But I find that m6 and m7 is not match well, so there is a current go though m7 and R1 to amp's transistor, and VOUT= 1/2VCC- I*R1.So how to slove this problem with small change of the circuit?

Thanks very much!

If u want amp's output to be 1/2VCC then no need of r feedback of amp.
Connect it in unitygain config.[/b]

If you want the output same as input, the gain should be 1. if u give unity gain negative feedback, the opamp works as buffer. u will get the output as input

pmr9 said:
If u want amp's output to be 1/2VCC then no need of r feedback of amp.
Connect it in unitygain config.[/b]

I need the resistor R1 in my circuit, can it add some small circuit to solve this problem, not move the transistor or resistor in the circuit?
Thank you very much!

Added after 5 minutes:

analog_prodigy said:
If you want the output same as input, the gain should be 1. if u give unity gain negative feedback, the opamp works as buffer. u will get the output as input

Thank you very much, if move m1,m3,m6,m7, input is the same as output, but I need m1-m7 for another use, so can I use other methods to sove m6 and m7 mismatch. This mismatch will lead to output offset.

Thanks!!

1)Try to keep a buffer between the node A and -ve terminal of OP-AMP.
2) Or You have to increase your R1 Too high, i dont know your constraint about R1(it should be much more than The resistance looking into the drain of M3)

what about setting the common mode level of node A to 0.5Vcc+IR such that the output comon mode will be at 0.5Vcc, does this work for your application?

Fahmy said:
what about setting the common mode level of node A to 0.5Vcc+IR such that the output comon mode will be at 0.5Vcc, does this work for your application?

I dont think this works Fahmy , because input diff Voltage for Opamp becomes large so the output goes to Gnd.

Status
Not open for further replies.