Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in setting the fuse bits of atmega 8 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohi231

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every1. I am new to AVR platform. I am using ponyprog and atmega 8.
I didnt set any fuse bits in ponyprog. I have seen in forum that if we wont set proper fuse bits it will damage the IC and it cannot be used for further use.

Can anyone tell me what are the fuse settings in atmega 8 without external crystal?

thanks in advance:arrow:

if you would be using the device with default fuse setting its going to work. if you change the fuses ,then it should properly be done. default fuse setting would be using 1Mhz internal oscilator, Jtag enabled etc if you are ok with it dont change the fuses

if you would be using the device with default fuse setting its going to work. if you change the fuses ,then it should properly be done. default fuse setting would be using 1Mhz internal oscilator, Jtag enabled etc if you are ok with it dont change the fuses
Thanks for the reply.
I am supposed to change the internal clock settings as 8 mhz. How to do it?

Please check the attachment.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 94

Jtag enabled etc

There is no JTAG in ATMEGA8.

@Rohi123
Looking at the attachment fuse for internal 8MHz is correct.
Do you need bootloader which is selected for 1024 bytes in your attachment.

check this

for changing the clock to *mhz internal source just uncheck Clck DIV/8 fuse

Hello everyone. Thanks for the quick reply. I have programmed the atmega 32 and adjusted the security and configuration bits as attached. I am not able to display anything in uart. I have tried many uart programs but i am able to blink led. Please help:)

- - - Updated - - -

I am unable to do attach the file. I have done the configuration as in the below link.

http://www.petervis.com/C/1st%20configuring/ATMega32%2016Mhz%20Clock%20Fuse%20Bit%20Setting%20.html

share the code maybe there is some error in the code! do you get some unreadable data on terminal or nothing at all??
**broken link removed** .html
it gives 404 error

Sorry. This is the site which i refered for configuration settings.
**broken link removed**

Here is the attached code for serial communication .
Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Now i am unable to program. Its coming write failed. Please help me on this.

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting nothing in the hyperterminal window.

Attachments

• serialport.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 61

Please suggest me on this avr programmer.

**broken link removed**

Is it worth to buy.

Also i wanted to know what is actually the avr debugger? Why do we need it? Please help me out:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back