Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need HELP in my project!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpunch

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing something on controller.. anyone have the idea of how to create a controller to control de lights and fans at home... using 8051.. thanks i need schematic and the method... thanks =)

Have a look in here:
**broken link removed**
This is basically a home automation system utalizing X-10 protocol (using electrical instalation to send commands within your house).

Other option is so called C-BUS. This software/hardware protocol allows you to define which switch will be used to control any device(s) in your house.
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1502

These two sites should help you to deceide which way would you like to go.. that is, would you like to follow existing standards or create something unique just for your house ..

Regards,
IanP

bigpunch

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks man... but i need to create the controller myself but those website dont provide the schematic to create the hardware to control the lights in the house..

That is tru, they don't provide 8051-based schematic, but what they do, they show you the way you can control houshold devices. Somehow you will need to connact a switch to 8051 and another 8051 pin will have to activate a relay (solod stste relay, or similar) to turn a light ON or OFF.
On the other habd, 8051 in its standard configuration has only limited number of pins, so you may cosider port(s) expansion to increase the number of I/Os ..
Count how many devices would you like to control, and which way would you like to connect switches/relays and we can come up with a digram of 8051-conroller for your installation..
Regards,
IanP

i'll start with maybe 1 light and 1 fan. i think of using keypad to turn on and off so that i can select the room and de application.. maybe juz lyk tt for the meanwhile.. thanks dude.. you really save me.. have been stressin out by my teammate =)

anyone know how to create a microcontroller to control the lights in the house

go for a AC relay of 10A ratting (for lights and fan only not for motors) its driving voltage and current must be considered (typical 12V, 120mA). use a transistor to drive the relay.

hello
you cant connect microcontroller directly to hous electricity, you need ac relay and some transistor driver or transistor array like uln2003 as driver, you must control relay with drivers that are connected to microcontroller.
good luck

Bluetooth based Home-Automation project

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.