Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in my fpga related project

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrk007

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I am a student of btech in electronics. I am a complete nebie to the filed of fpga but always dreamt of doing a project in that field and i got the opputunity. so i want to know some information related to that. i need to know what all i can do in fpga at entry level. suggestions are always welcome. moreover plese suggest me a good project i can successfully complete.

Bye

For a good starting project, I prefer that you begin with a 8-bit microcontroller. It is a prety good start.

Before you begin learning FPGA design, remember that you need to understand digital design. Also, you should learn an HDL such as Verilog or VHDL. (You could use schematic entry, but that is relatively painful compared to HDL.)

Assuming you have reached that point, one easy way to get started with FPGA is to buy an inexpensive development kit, and then try the tutorials provided in the documentation. For example, here is a nice Spartan-3E starter kit from Xilinx:
**broken link removed**

Also search this forum for similar "getting started" discussions. You will find many students asking similar questions.

To make your learning more enjoyable, search for hobby project web sites such as this one:
https://www.fpga4fun.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back