Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in mixer design bu ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gribi20

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody ,
I m doing my research about Double Balanced Mixer Double Side Band by using ADS and Im going to you Schottky diode and it will be ended with LTCC technology.I was trying to understand the software for smetimes .I have gotten many examples but most of them were not related to my particular topic .I need your help to find some examples and tutorials to start with my design.

I wish you all the best and guide me in my research .
Thank you .

Get hold of Stephen Maas book on Microwave Mixers. All designs with explanations are given.

I would suggest you to use Baluns or Hybrids at the RF and LO port rater than center tap transformers for balancing.

Basically the diode double balanced mixer consists of 4 diode in a ring or star structure as in Full Wave Rectifier.

Re: need help in mixer design by ADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ,
I do have Stephen Maas book and I already know the basic of design and Im going to use Hybride .Basically ,I will do my design with ADS software and I need some steps to start with in my designs .
my problem is ADS to start with.

Get hold of Stephen Maas book on Microwave Mixers. All designs with explanations are given.

I would suggest you to use Baluns or Hybrids at the RF and LO port rater than center tap transformers for balancing.

Basically the diode double balanced mixer consists of 4 diode in a ring or star structure as in Full Wave Rectifier.

Wat is the prob you r facing in ADS
Are u not able to run the HB engine or construct the ckt itself

Thanks a lot ,
the problem I am facing is I am not able to construct DSB DBM ring diode mixer , mostly I found in the internet using FET which I do have a good examples on them and I did find some papers in IEEE but nobody put Schematic and parameters which make it very difficult to follow up .and also I would like to have some examples on Layout if that possible because finally I will fabricate it by using LTCC Technology
Thanks again .

the problem I am facing is I am not able to construct DSB DBM ring diode mixer ,
mostly I found in the internet using FET which I do have a good examples on them
Design of DBM ring diode mixer is easier than design of DBM ring FET mixer.

I can't understand what you are embarassing.

I can help you out designing the diode DBM on ADS as I am from RF design fiels but not layout.

Fire ADS and create new proj and you see a workspace but create a new ckt and use the option RF simulation. The you can see the workspace with lumped comp palette on the left hand side select the hybrids, diode, input sources for RF and LO drives and diode model specify the diode model param for the spec freq op and set the HB engine for generating RF and LO harmonics and noise analyis construct the ring mixer and run. Open the o/p window seen on top and place the graph and see the spectrum and define equations for conv gain, NF, TOI, Isolation param.

I would suggest you start learning ADS by buliding small filters and using design engines if you are a Novice.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

*RF design field

thank you Varuniyengar
I have already constructed the Schematic ,. what about the simulation parameters now

Set the HB engine for generating RF & LO harmonics
which looks some thing like this and then simulate and get results
37_1301244637.jpg

how to repeat SavedEquationName more than one because I have tried but I could not do it ?

There is a Tab in HB engine in which we can select the param

I used it , it called display and tick on that . I did that already but how to repeat it

wat do you mean by repeat.. please specify

This function( SavedEquationName) repeated 3 times ,how would I do the same because I tried to do it ,it came only once
thankx

In the output Tab in HB engine add the param but this will not affect the simulation any way.

I have done the circuit , could you check it .Basically they are two
1st one with the diodes and the 2nd one by using representative box in order to simulate

Attachments

• mix_1.JPG
    mix_1.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 157
  • mix_2.JPG
    mix_2.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 167

Remove W1 as it defines the width of CMOS and please remove HB engine in the subcircuit.
Define P is RF_power in the RF port in fig1 and also define LO input to -5dBm

check it plz ? and what is the steps of simulation plz

Attachments

• mix_3.JPG
    mix_3.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 109
  • mix_4.JPG
    mix_4.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 133

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search