Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED HELP IN GPRS MODEM DATA TRANSMISSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulsushruth08

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gprs data transmission

Hello Friends,
Do someone help me to khow about gprs message transmission.I just need my wavecomm modem to be activated in gprs mode using my sim card in it and send to some email address/website my message.I had tried the following steps in hyperterminal connecting gsm/gprs modem to com1.

1) AT+ CGDCONT=1,"IP","WWW","0,0,0,0",0,0
OK (reply from gprs modem)
2) AT+CGQREQ=1,1,0,0,0,31
OK
3) AT+ CGQMIN=1,1,0,0,0,31
OK
4) AT+CGATT=1
OK
5) AT+CGACT=1,1
OK
3) ATD*99***1# OR AT+CGDATA=1

After pressing enter after this command I am getting some garbage data and lastly a message" NO ACCESS".Can someone help me to solve this problem.
I need my modem to transfer data successfully.
Could someone tell me about AT commmands I need to use for it.
Thanks in advance....
Rahul sushruth

data transmission gprs at commands

You are basically using the right AT commands, but you must be able to handle PPP protocol (understand the garbage data) to set up a connection. Some GSM modems have a built-in TCP/IP stack, that allows to connect to a TCP or UDP port by simple AT commands, e.g. SIM300. But I don't know regarding your Wavecom modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.