Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in designing simple regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_forrent

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am doing a mini project of designing a simple reglator. I am looking online, but i do not find examples of designing regulators. I have studied the Fundamentals of Power electronics. It is a nice book but does not elaborate on how to design on a block basis.

Appreciate if you could suggest the book/website to refer for the design of the regulator.

Thanks

u asked for design of regulator , but u didn't specify it fully , anyway for siple regulators we use IC 78xx which require dc input , so u have to add a dc power suply if yr input is ac , simple power suply circuit composed of stepdown transformer followed by rectifier ( diode ) perefrably full wave and smoothing capacitor to produce dc , may be this url help u https://uk.rs-online.com/web/search...2924 4294955153&selectAttribute=-5#breadCrumb
If u like , u can call me on ICQ No. 202618560 , for chatt and send u some documents if u like

p_forrent said:
Hi All,

I am doing a mini project of designing a simple reglator. I am looking online, but i do not find examples of designing regulators. I have studied the Fundamentals of Power electronics. It is a nice book but does not elaborate on how to design on a block basis.

Appreciate if you could suggest the book/website to refer for the design of the regulator.

Thanks

Please specify power and voltage ?

Hi,
Please specify what sort of regulator you want to build.Is it Linear type or Switch Mode? What should be the capacity? Elaborate in detail and then help can be provided to you. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.