Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in designing of microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishalsbi11

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to design a rectangular microstrip antenna using IE3D but i want to know the procedure of find out the length and width of the microstrip feed

You can search the web for Ansoft Antenna Design Kit. It will design, calculate and draw the model for you in HFSS. Then you can transform the HFSS model to your software.

Or you can go here for antenna parameters calculation.
em: talk - Microstrip Patch Antenna Calculator

You can search the web for Ansoft Antenna Design Kit. It will design, calculate and draw the model for you in HFSS. Then you can transform the HFSS model to your software.

Or you can go here for antenna parameters calculation.
em: talk - Microstrip Patch Antenna Calculator

thanks again but in " emtalk" i m trying to find out the width and lenth of microstrip line but there its asking for "electrical lenth".plz somebody tell me what is electrical length

"electrical length" is the length of MS line in terms of guided wavelength.

---------- Post added at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

If you find it difficult to understant "electrical wavelength", just refer to the Ansoft HFSS Antenna Design Kit. It will get everything done in a few seconds.

"electrical length" is the length of MS line in terms of guided wavelength.

---------- Post added at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

If you find it difficult to understant "electrical wavelength", just refer to the Ansoft HFSS Antenna Design Kit. It will get everything done in a few seconds.
thank you my dear i m really thank ful to you
yes my prob is solved now

hello shmily0447 how are you
shmily
can u help me in designing the trucated rectangular.
i m new in IE3d na so dont know how to cut the corners of rectangle
so can you help me in that how to cut the corner. procedure of cutting the corner step by step
thnk you

Hi Vish,

I really wish I could help you with the design, but I am afraid that I can not.

I do not know how to use this software plus I do not have it in my lab. So, sorry for that.

Wish you every success.

Hi Vish,

I really wish I could help you with the design, but I am afraid that I can not.

I do not know how to use this software plus I do not have it in my lab. So, sorry for that.

Wish you every success.

no problem shmily
and thnx for everything my dear
actually these days m just trying to do new new things using IE3D. i just want to design an antenna that can published in IEEE.
shmily if i get any further enquiry about the patch antenna can i ask u in future

Sure, I'd like to discuss with you.

i want to design a rectangular microstrip antenna using IE3D but i want to know the procedure of find out the length and width of the microstrip feed

you must know resonant frequency and substrate parameters (εr and h) are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back