Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help in Audio Mixing and its control digitally

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpress_embedo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!! Everyone
I want to mix 2 (may be more some times) Audios.. but i want to control my mixing with the help of a micro-controller.
That means i want to add digital control for mixing in it.

Few Days Back i found an IC "Digital Audio Mixer" ssm2163 But it is not available in the market.
( not even on element-14).
I will be pleased if someone can help me to sort out this problem..

Thanks in Advance

The part belongs to a "lost world" of analog and early digital audio signal processing components. Some generic parts, e.g. SSMxxx VGAs are still maintained for special applications, most apparently didn't produce enough interest and had been discontinued. Please consider that today's studio equipment is fully digital with lean analog frontends. No need for digital mixers like SSM2163.

Also logarithmic multiplying DACs are obsolete now, you can refer to linear DACs to implement a similar functionality.

Thanks for the valuable information....

Right now i am using NE5532 for amplification purpose..
Can u tell me how to add these digital ic or any information regarding all this

Many R2R DACs accept an AC voltage at the reference input and can be used as digital controlled attenuator. Usually an OP is required at the DAC output. Muliplying R2R DACs are offered by major vendors (e.g. Analog, TI, Maxim) with different resolution and interfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.