Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in analysing this LM317 ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameo_2007

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Please have a look at this LM317 reg. I just find a kind of configuration on the ADJ pin of the chip.A voltage reference.
Any clue on what is that helping for, as the chip also has a 1.25V reference.

vpp.jpg
The data sheet for one of the component,TL431 can be found here http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet2/3/074yxfos2h5s8aukijk5yg8id7fy.pdf

Last edited:

There is something wrong with your attachment, when I click them I get "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Alex

Any clue on what is that helping for, as the chip also has a 1.25V reference.
The circuit possibly intends a better load regulation than achievable with a single LM317. It's however not obvious, that the feedback loop is stable at all.

generally an extra feed back by using a configurable reference like TL431 is added to achieve a lower output voltage by introducing a different feedback than generally done by feeding the output directly through a voltage divider(or to cheat the eror amplifier of the LDO:wink:)......here the purpose should be a better load regulation.....

cameo : i found onw with a similiar configuration.....refer page number 8 with a different linear regulator.....they have explained the function but maynot be relevent for this application but as a reference....
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back