Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED HELP IN ADDING WAIT STATES TO INTEL N87C251SA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirriyaz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is the problem that I'm facing and need some urgent help. My code is split in two microprocessor and external ROM and I need to put wait states to the Intel N87C251SA microprocessor.

When the EA# pin is kept high the one wait state is not seen although it is configured but when EA# pin is tied to ground/low the one wait state is seen.

WR# signal Pulse width (TWLWH) cannot be extended with one wait state while using 8KB on chip memory & 56KB external code memory.

One Wait-state is seen when total 64KB code is fetch from external memory but not when code is divided between Controller & External ROM. Although the external peripheral (LED driver: CM7212AMIPL) Address is at 0x8000H to which data is written.

Thanks in advance,

So, what is your problem? What would you like to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.