Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help - how an AM receiver antenna works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak007

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AM antenna

could anyone tell me how an AM receiver antenna works? actually its height should be be very high,isn't it? but,it is very compact. can we design an FM antenna in the same way. if so please tell me how to do it.

AM antenna

Antenna Design is independent of modulation coding scheme.

Re: AM antenna

Most AM broadcast band antennas are loop types. You do not need an efficient antenna because the atmospheric noise is orders of magnitude larger that the semiconductor noise of the receiver.

Well, it is basically a big inductor wound around a ferrite rod, and has a series capacitance to resonate it at one frequency. When you change radio stations in an AM antenna, the capacitance value is changed so that the inductor is resonated at the desired frequency. In other words, it is very narrow band and needs to be tuned to cover the entire AM radio broadcast band.

can anyone tell me how to construct an FM loop antenna for 90MHZ ? what series capacitor should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back