Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need HELP from someone working on Image Processing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndiJones

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 3.2 MPixel, 12 bits/pixel, cam link Digital camera that gives an output of 16 bits/pixel. The image is captured by X64-CL capture board from Coreco placed in a 64bit/66MHz PCI bus. The capture board also outputs 16 bits/pixel. The capture software is Sapera from Coreco. The image is saved in HDD as BMP or TIFF file. Since the real image is 12 bits/pixel and the captured image is 16 bits/pixel, I need to subtract 4 bits/pixel. Could anyone please tell me how to do that. Is it possible to do the subtraction while the data is transferred from the capture board to the buffer before saving in the HDD?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Indi

Is there any special reason to do the subtraction? It will display properly as 16 bits. So that shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming this is a black and white image because if it's a colour one, I think it gets extended to 24 bits (3X8b) anyway... not absolutely sure. :?: Perhaps you can give a little more info about the application. Is this just to try and compress it so it takes less room on the disk? If that's the reason then there are lossless algorithms that can compress the picture.

C

This is a monochrome picture. I'm doing it for research and need to subtract the 4 unused bits to make the image 12 bits because of some other operations that have to be done in 12 bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back