Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for programming Xilinx FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDA_hg81

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have used Xilinx Parallel cable to program Xc18v01 in configuration mode.

but each time I got the feedback info: The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File.

I have tried IDcode looping to check, this looping failed too. but before the programming works well.

What is wrong ? very appreciate to you suggestions.

1. Check the power VCC
2. Make sure chip is not over heat
3. Check the jumper settings on the board
4. Scope the JTAG pins
5. Check your setting for the parralel port
6. if there is another xilinx devoce avalible try to program it

EDA_hg81

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Should I change bsdl file in ISE environment?

I don't think you need to change the bdsl file. I had this problem quite often and mines is usually due to the JTAG cable. I usually power cycle the board and ensure the cable is firmly attached.

EDA_hg81

Dear eziggurat,

would you give me a little bit specific what is the possible reason for JATG cable to be failed?

I have checked the JATG cable already, every line is connected. and the power supply is 3.3V.

I really get lost.

Thank you for your any suggestions.

This is a list of problems that I have experienced with programming the FPGA and how I resolved it.

I recall some of our parallel 4 cable did not work properly and that was due to a loose connection inside the cable which require resoldering. Other times is due to the flyleads not making contact with the board, and another time restarting Impact helps. Another problem was the PROM not blank and that sometimes cause problem when reprogramming the FPGA.

another problem is the JTAG chain is not properly connected in the board possibly a cracked via.

EDA_hg81

The problem is fixed.

The PROM on that board is down.

Do you have any experience about switching power chip?

maybe you can help me about my question in "Analog Circuit Design" forum.

Thank you.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back