Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help for programming Atmega 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachinrivankar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..
i m extremely new with atmega 16.. i have nex robotics board and winrar.. but doesn't know how to start program... my code is ready.. do i require to use AVR studio... pls guide me how to use it.

Hi, if you have winavr.
You just install this.
And create new prjoect, modify makefile, then make it.

AVR Studio is the best friend for AVR programmers. I advise you to install and make familiar with avr studio.

Nandhu

thanks for helping me for programming.
but now i m using avrdude.gui for downloading in the chip.. i m using nex robotics kit + isp programmer. and after executing i m getting following error (pls c d attachment.)

are you using an STK200 (or AVR isp) programmer??? that one on the parallel port?????

if you use an STK200 on the LPT1, have you installed the GiveIO driver (that one on the top-right?)

If all the software is configured, you have a hardware problem...
- are you using a 5v power supply on the AVR (don't spect a simple STK200 give power to the avr)
- have you checked all the wires? they are 5!
- maybe the MOSI/MISO interchange problem (check it! dont switch places at free will!)

Status
Not open for further replies.