saidutt

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,

i am working on humidity and temperature sensor(HSM- 20G). i want to calculate
relative humidity in % using temperature and ADC output because at different temperature the RH(%) will vary. i am unable to figure it out the formula of RH(%).
so please help me out with it.

Hi,

The simplest way will be to use a lookup table for your humidity adc value, but if you are using C etc then using more complex forumla will be easier than assembler.

You can calibrate the humidity sensor at 70% using the damp salt box method - just google it.

This thread might give you some coding clues

**broken link removed**

because at different temperature the RH(%) will vary
By specification, the sensor (as most usual rH sensors) measures relative humidity independant of temperature. Some
variation can be expected of course, but the manufacturer doesn't tell about a systematic relation. So, if your accuracy requirements
aren't very high, you may want to use the sensor based on the given typical characteristic, without individual calibration. if you
do a calibration, you should be sure, that the accuracy is better than the initial sensor accuracy.

Some of them gives you a relation to compensate the RH measures at diferent temperatures, as you can see in the datasheet of this one: **broken link removed**.
Take a look at page 2, "Temperature Compensation":

\[V_{out}=(0.0305+0.000044*T-0.0000011*T^{2})*(Sensor RH)+(0.9237-0.0041*T+0.000040*T^{2})\]

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…