Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help for Hitachi 2x16 LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

giangpoh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hitachi 2x16

Good day,

I writing a driver for my 2x16 Hitachi LCD using a PIC Microcontroller. There are some problems that I observed from my LCD setup.

First, I need to turn the variable resistor from maximum to minimum connected from ground to pin 3 of LCD module everytime I power up my LCD. Does anyone know how to sustain the contrast of the LCD without tuning the resistance?

Secondly. I noticed that the data lines for the LCD are not not receive the data correctly. Sometimes there are extra charecters shown on the LCD, sometimes the output is wrong. Is it something to do with the delay in my programming?

I hope u guys can provide me some website or sample C code for 4bits as well as 8bits LCD initialization.

Thanks alot.

2x16 lcd c code

use a divider network of 10k and 1k resister.+vcc is connected to 10k side -ve is connected to 1k side.Pin no 3 is connected to the junction of 10k and 1k.
Ur initialisation of lcd is not working.Here is a sample code in hitech c.If u didnt understant it ,reply please.

giangpoh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hebrew lcd display 2x16

You can find the file lcd.c into CCS Compiler folder for PIC devices. It's the same in link below:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back