Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for design of push-pull DC/DC converter using SG3524

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinewave123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone! I am designing a push-pull converter based on the principles I learned from the link below:

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&...sg=AFQjCNG0JoQrgEz362bEXwYLghruuwXVnw&cad=rja

I am virtually new to power electronics so I wish the explanations to be as simple as possible :)

I would want to use SG3524 for the PWM regulation (since it is locally available) but I am not sure if it can make the converter work well. Please, please help. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

By the way, the figure below shows that SG3524 can be used for push-pull applications:

I got this from this link:

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&...sg=AFQjCNG-yHLrQcghfFRLf77PQlpyQyYfdQ&cad=rja

I have a few questions.
What is the input voltage ,output voltage and what power do You intend to achieve.
Do You need currentmode or is the choice of SG3524 a matter of availability?

You can use the SG3524 for DC-Dc converters in pushpull setup (depending on the inputvoltage)
Personaly i prefer to use mosfets instead of transistors.
Have a look at the following schema (figure 9) **broken link removed**
There is also a decent explanation of how it works.
(please do note the schema they present is voltage mode, there is no resistor that senses the current)
Also keep in mind that the SG3525 has push-pull output and is capable to directly drive mosfets .

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.