Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for bias circuit 2 stage broadband LNA using ATF34143 in ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh navagare

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have done small signal analysis for 2 stage amplifier using ATF34143 for 4V,40 mA for Vgs=-0.41 but i am new in this so i need help for gate bias and drain bias
i did already but i get harmonic distortion and low power added efficiency.

i want to know what should be Vgg if Vgs is found -0.41 V. does Rs required or inductor is enough in gate bias.
i have posted my results of small signal analysis and design without bias circuit

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

ATF34143 is an LNA (Low Noise Amplifier), and by definition any LNA should work in Class-A.
So, good PAE (Power Added Efficiency) is not the main target of performances of this transistor.
For best performances follow the Avago application notes 1190 and 1191.

it was helpful but can you tell me, with this result can i design amplifier and if yes then how should i bias to achieve 4V 40 mA Q-point.. what should be my next step

Do i need to provide parallel tuned L C circuit for drain ? what should be value of Rg ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back