Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for advance mesh operations in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiste

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss mesh operations

Hi everybody,

I'm using HFSS in order to simulate accurately CPW lines characteristics on a micro-machining process.

The CPW line conductors are deposited in several steps leading to a particular lateral profile (see attached file: Tline-profile.gif). In few words, the side of each conductor (line and the GND planes) has a step of around 2µm height for a width of 10 µm.

When solving fields, we can see that the E-field (see attached file: Tline-Efield_TopView.gif and Tline-Efield_CutView.gif) is concentrated on these steps and drops abruptly besides the step on its external edge. This doesn't look physical for me. It gives me the feeling that the steps artificially shadow the area external to it.

When looking to the mesh (see attached file: Tlines-mesh.gif), one can see, in the area surrounded by a red curve, that the mesh has high aspect ratio tetrahedra besides the steps on the external edge (compared to the center of the Tline structure). This is for me in good correlation to the idea that the steps artificially shadow the area external to it.

I tried to refine the mesh by decreasing the 'Analysis parameter' 'max. Delta S' to very low value but I can't get rid of that strange mesh on the external edge of the step.
Can anyone give tips/techniques in order to improve the mesh of the Tline?
Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back