Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help finding a I2C chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXPAYNE

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any I2C chip available which will do the following functions as attached image ?

Attachments

• function.png
    function.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 69

Can you please elaborate ? This is a MUX, but what an I2C bus doing here ?

Suppose you send an I2C value, for that specific value, the output will be A0=0, A1=0
then you send another specific value , for that specific value, the output will be A0=0, A1=1
The output of A0 and A1 logic condition will be changed based on the I2C value at the input

Fine.. then this cannot be a simple MUX.. and also I am not sure if any COTS device exist to perform this logic. You may have to have a small programmable device with a look-up table that can output various A&B combinations on the output based on the I2C Data. You cannot use a simple MUX because the I2C clock is not a periodic signal.

Hi,

a simple I/O port could do this.
Like PCA9536DP.
Then you have two spare I/O pins.
you can control four line as I/O individually.

Klaus

Is there any I2C chip available which will do the following functions as attached image ?

you are using 2 pins and with two pins you can do 4 state. so what is the idea using extra compenent to do the same thing ?

you are using 2 pins and with two pins you can do 4 state. so what is the idea using extra compenent to do the same thing ?

because in those two pins which will carry I2C data, there are other slave devices connected.

Google for I2C 4 input MUX or I2C Multiplexer.

a simple PORT output 8 bits
ex: PCF8754 .. use only A0 A1
i2C value => Binary value

Pins marked as 'A' is address pins. Port expanders using I/O pins as input and output. Here should be some misunderstanding I suppose.

I just marked them as A. They could be anything. whatever they are, all are output.

Pins marked as 'A' is address pins. Port expanders using I/O pins as input and output. Here should be some misunderstanding I suppose.

you are right...
i notice A0 and A1 as Output corresponding to the request .
right definition is P0 P1
because but there are also Pin A0 A1 A2 to define offest adresse of PCF8574

Status
Not open for further replies.