Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help ... Final Project....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Non89

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to make a doorbell , after pressing 3 time or 5sec after without responce, another recorder circuit will work for record the visitor voice.... so how can i mix up the circuit, is the sensor needed???

I see only the need for 1 input, the doorbell button, some timing and counting functions and 1 output to start the record function, assuming some kind of off-the-shelf voice recorder.

someone advised me to inform the visitor that there's a voice recorder activated to record the information. So after particular no./sec of attempt failed, turn on this information playback.....and also add on the clock so that the house owner can check the time and voice message of each visitors

but i no plan to using any software like PIC in my project , so the recorder still can work for information playback ??

So you need the typical functions of a telephone message recorder with some controls you design using the doorbell. This project could be done many ways. Are you limited on what parts or types of technology you can use?

just no setting software

u gotta use pic micro controller with mp3 voice decoder i guess where after certain attempts it should switch automatically to voice mode....i am not sure but a rough idea....

I don't understand
just no setting software
. Does this mean no use of microcontroller, TTL only, or what?

yayaya, no use microcontroller...

because i dint learn before the PIC , that why i cant within the PIC in the project

i mean i dunno how to set the PIC

try to find some counter IC..like CMOS 4000 series..
i suggest 4017 ic..but u need to study more how to apply it..and make your own circuit..

if you use PIC u just need to figure out how to program..
if u use IC u need to figure out more to circuit design..

Last edited:

if you hope someone will give you 100% what you want..i dont think so..have some effort to learn men..

:)

i m learning :)

hope any1 can give me opinion and teach me also :D

I think you can allow the ringing of button to set of a timer (of 5 sec etc), after it counts down, a speach IC can ask the visitor to say the message. And in this time it can be recorded. You could use a micrcontroller I think, but its not necessary. If you want the 3 times ringing thing each ring apart from setting the ring sound can decrement a counter (at count 3), after its done thrice it comes to zero and a speech IC can be set to ask the visitor to leave a message.

I don't know how helpful this was, or if it sounded too basic. My knowledge is quiet basic too actually, maybe someone here can explain the details of the sound recording device.

"but i worry how can it mix with doorbell and others function"

Thats not a problem actually. The doorbell ringing should just be set in a manner to trigger other things (the switch should simultaneously do it). This you can do by having a single switch end touching/triggering two circuits simultaneously I guess.

BTW, if Ive made any mistake in any of the assumption explaination, I hope those better knowing of this will correct and explain further. All the best for your project.

oh thank you Jay_ , but i din't learn the microcontroller before, that why i no want to use the PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back