Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help designing UV lamp based Ozone generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivaldez

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ozone

Hi all.
Is there anybody here that can help me with info tobuild a non uv lamp based ozone generator. I'll really appreciate the help.

Vivaldez

electric field

There are methods that use electric fields. Pointed electrodes facing each other have HV across them. You may want to do a patent search on the subject. https://www.uspto.gov/

build the ladder network with capacitors and HV diodes. It's driven by low voltage AC signal. At the end you can put needle to help ionize air :)

ozone

Ladder network is actualy voltage multiplier rectifier. You can use mains voltage to supply such ionizator. Use 1N4007 diodes and 50nF/400V capacitors and apropriate number of cells to reach 8kV. At the highest voltage solder needle. Behind the needle it's good to place wire connected on lowest potential. Such ionizator must be placed ih plastic housing. In front of needle drill 4cm^2 of 2mm holes.

ions are different

There is a difference between ionizer and ozone generator. I think that the ozone is generated when there is a spark between the high voltage points.

ozone

The same thing is produced by corona effect on needle. There is no need for massive spark.

Look to this construction it has comments on Russian, but I will translate:

1. Metallic or glass pipe.
2. Rubber tap.
3. Glass pipe.
4. Foil around pipe, you need to make isolation above it.
5. Wire #1
6. Wire #2
7. To output sprayer.
8. Alluminum foil, you need to make holes on it by needle, as many as
possible, then turn it to pipe with spikes to outer side. You need to
close this pipe by taps in 2 ends.
9. Tap on the end of alluminum pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.