Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Designing a Fuel Injector Tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to create a circuit that will function as a fuel injector tester. I’m trying to make it as cheaply and easily as possible. (I don’t know much about electronics. I’ve only had one “Introduction to Electronics” class in college).
According to the Service Manual for my car, the fuel injector operates between 5.5 – 6.6 volts, and has an internal resistance of 11.4 – 12.6 Ohms. (the service manual says set the test device to .5 amps. (I’m assuming the fuel injector draws .5 amps.)
Therefore, I believe that I need a circuit that will create a signal approximately 6 volts and .5 amps.
I would like to attach this tester to my car battery as a power source.
Also, as part of the test, I’ll need to attach my Multi-meter to the device to monitor the voltage going across the fuel injector.
I’ve attached a simple schematic of what I think it should look like.
Am I’m I way off on the schematic? Will this even work? Should I use a Voltage Regular instead of resistors? If I use resistors, what values / types should I use?
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated but you’ll really have to dumb-down your explanation in order for me to understand it. Oh, and the name of the game is how to build this thing cheaply and easily!
Thanks!

u can use "7806 Regulators" to run thefuel injector via current limiting resistor instead of using Voltage divider ,

25_1264533428.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back