Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help designing a digital circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndiJones

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tca965 аналог

I need to design a digital circuit that will output logic 1 and lit an LED when the input analog voltage is within a certain range (say 2-5 volt) and will output logic 0 elsewhere. A schematic would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

What you need is called a "window comparator". Follows a link to one of many many ways of doing it. Do a search with windows comparator and you will find a lot of different circuits to opt from.

**broken link removed**

Best regards,
Alexg

Use a window comparator for indication only, not for voltage control - whwn used for control it will always oscillate.

Skip

I think the chip you need is
TCA965 , by siemens if i'm not mistaking .
You can set the lower and higher trippoint and it gives you a signal inside window or without to high or without to low .
I must have a data sheet here somewhere , i'll see if i can find it .

Mitsuko

Thanks! Any schematic would be very helpful.

Check out Poptronix magazine they recently, within the last couple of years, had a column that addressed comparator usage. If that doesn't prove fruitful I think I have a couple of old designs I could share.

Skip

Thanks! I've done it with LF356N Opamp from National Semiconductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back