Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Connecting Microphone for ECG project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: hellppp guyzzzzz

ummm sirr what ecg leads can i use? and what about the electrodes how can i get them? i cant find them on rapidonline not even on matlab nt even on farnelll
thank you

hey sir,
iam bak and i know u wont even feel like relying me now. but i really need ur help. iam stuck big tyme and i have 10 days to finish my project :(. iam getting an ouptut of - 6.1b volt to use my microphone port u said i have to create an attenuator and bias it. can you help in making one attenuator ? and then how do i bias it?
to make an attenuator what step should i follow. please helppp me sirrr.. pleasee

An attenuator is two resistors in series to ground. the output is across the lower resistor.

A microphone input on a pc has a bias voltage for an electret mic. Block the voltage with a coupling capacitor.

The mic input on a pc probably will not pass the very low frequencies of a heartbeat.

sirr iam having big problems in using microphone port. now may be i have to use serial port and access it in matlab. if i connect it to serial port i need analog to digital converter. which one can i use? and then i can connect it with serial port using max232 and serial connection?... i just have 5 days left and i cant show the signals on pc:( it is workin fine in osciloscope. but i have to show it on pc.plz help me sirr thank you.

i can access microphone port from matlab and when i get the ecg data from microphone port it is showing the graph for certain duration, but i want a live graph i do not know how can i do it? do u know any way ?

one more thing if i want to connect my circuit through serial port. for that i need an ADC converter.
which ADC converter can i use?
and then do i have to use max 232 to connect serial port?

Sorry, I cannot help you.
I do not know Matlab and I have never used an ADC converter and a serial port. I have never seen a mAX232.

thats ok sirr.. so far u have helped me alot thank you very muchh

Status
Not open for further replies.