Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help: ANSOFT Designer SV used for milling microstrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ansoft designer sv layout export file

I am trying to make a microstrip filter using a Quick Circuit PCB milling machine.

I have to construct the circuit in a CAD program and export it to the milling machine software using a Gerber file, whatever that is.

Can I use ANSOFT Designer SV for this CAD and Gerber thing? I did the following:
1) In Ansoft Designer SV went to Project>Insert Planar Em Design, and selected any material.

2) Then - without actually drawing a circuit - I went to Layout>Export File but the Export File was GREYED OUT, so I couldn't. Why would that be? (I read somewhere that then I should be able to export via Gerber file.)

3) Any other suggestions about (free, legal) CAD programs I can use to interface with this milling machine software would also be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back