Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help and tutorial for learning astro

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogeatdog

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been trying to learn astro for a few weeks now. But I feel its learning curve is too high. Especially trying to prep all the libraries and databases is very confusing.

I feel that it is not as easy to learn as say Encounter or Silicon Ensemble. I think there ought to be an easier method to learn than just following SOLD.

I have a gate-level netlist in verilog, a LEF file, a .db file of the technology library, a .pdb file for the physical library, a constraints file .sdc.

Can somebody provide me some help on how to do just the basic chip tapeout and some basic timing report generations in Astro. I have been trying to work with SOLD, but the messages and warnings generated by Astro are too confusing. Basically, I have been unsuccessful so far.

Hope somebody can help in this.

There is a basic tutorial come with the tool ! Do you have the tool ?

hi linuxluo
can u send exact link in cic.edu.tw
i dont know taiwan language
send exact tutorials link
thanks

edaguy69 said:
There is a basic tutorial come with the tool ! Do you have the tool ?

Yeah, I have the tool. Can I know how to start this tutorial.

Thanks

In the install DIR ,u can find a SOLD !

I have a cadence 0.18um library which contains

1. .lib file
2. .lef file
3. .tech.lef file (technology part of lef file)
4. .gds file (for standard cells)

Can somebody provide some help on how to create a technology file (.tf) from these files (for astro-milkyway database). Has someone done so before.

Thanks

Back-end is very boring for beginner ! But if u cost 2 months in it and know it .u will think it earier!

I know there is an Astro Lab, u can try to find it to get an overall understanding of the Astro Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back