Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help/advice for project

Status
Not open for further replies.

akula

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I need some help for a project I'm undertaking.

I'm building a motorized martial arts defensive drill simulator. Basicly it is a ply wood board with 8 slots in it, in a 360 degree pattern. The 8 slots or holes are layed out like you would see on a compass (N, NW, E, SE etc.) Within each slat will be a motorized arm which will come out of the slot to simulate a strike (punch, kick etc) by an attacker.

What I would like to happen is for these strikes to occur randomly. That is, that there is no recognizable pattern to which arm is going to come of the slot, there by allowing one to practice this 360 degree defense and improve ones quickness and reaction time.

My question is: IS there a chip/circuit that would send an output to a controller in a random fashion that would activate these motors.

My electronic skills are very basic, but I think I have enough knowledge to attempt someething like this as long as it's not too complex. I have no programming skills.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back