Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help about the relay..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheth_ka

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,
i hav a project that needs to control and activate a 12 Volts dc buzzer(mostly use in cars).
this buzzer will be used as an alarm when the countdown ends.
to control the buzzer i used pic16f84a,the program embedded to this pic enables the buzzer to turn ON automatically.
i hav successfully done this using 6V dc buzzer, and now i hav to use a more bigger buzzer which eventually needs a 12V dc supply.
and the first thing that comes to my mind is to use a relay switch or something.
unfortunately, i dont hav any idea about this relay. also, i dont know what kind of relay to be used.
i need help with this simple problem, if you hav any idea or solution, pls post it ASAP.
i would be glad if you include some schematics of the relay.
thanks in advance!:D

Choose the relay which has a coil voltage of 5VDC and the contact rating of anything more than 12VDC/1A

Status
Not open for further replies.