Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help about serial Port in C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooftop

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can someone help me about using serial port in Visual C++? I need a simple one because i just need to my microcontroller so i don't need Xon/Xoff or other handler. Just how to make serial connection just using tx and rx.
Thanks for your help

Best Regards

go to lvr serial port page, if you need some info about serial comms, I think you are not looking for that.

**broken link removed**

As for VC++ is concerned, go to www.codeproject.com. download a serial port class. Just check the following details in my post of this thread.

Xon/Xof settings can be easily disabled. If you do not understand after checking the code and project details, post again.

Cheers
idlebrain

Rooftop

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a lot for the repply.
But you use class right? Are you using Visual C++.net ? It's allright with me but i hear that .NET Framework SDK v2.0 is supported the serial class. I am currently using Visual Studio 2003, will it works in it? I mean if i use the classes from your reference site or can i use the newest SDK for my IDE?

Thanks a lot for the repply

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back