Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help about pic programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altafhal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
error in pic programmer

Dear friends
I am working on my final year project in which i am using pic16f877a microcontroller.
I have build a programmer ezpic which scematic i have downloaded from sunrom which i have attached with
thisthread.

I build the pcb and test it with 16f877a. i am using icprog for programming the chip.
But every time when the programming is finished i got an error saying that vrify failed, the image of this error is also attaced.

I have P4 computer and using windows XP. I also suffer this error on windows 98 and also when i have programmed 16f84a.
and when i use the programmed controller it gives no response.
I need your help about

1) What is that error and its cause?
2)i have connected the ICD connector pins with SW1 pins respectively ie pin1 with pin1 and 2 with 2 and so on, is it correct?
3)Is there any other programmer which i can use if yes then plz anyone can give me its schematic or pcb?

I have found a very simple programmer at a forum which is in text format as followed

""TXD (3) ------[4.7k]-------VPP

GND (5) --------------------VSS

DTR (4) -------[4.7k]------DATA

CTS (8) ------------------DATA

RTS (7) -------[4.7k]------CLK

Numbers in Bracket are the connections on the 9-Pin D-Connector.
Then just put your PIC into a breadboard, connect your 5 volt supply to VDD/VSS, and away you go.""

but when i build the above programmer the same error was occured.

Plz i need urgent help.

Thanks.

build pic programmer external supply

The first circuit (with the attached schematic) is a JDM-compatible one. The second one looks incomplete.

You should switch to WinPic800 software (google it), because it supports a lot of hardware variants, and is very fast.

In IC-Prog, issue a read command without your PIC connected to the programmer, then measure the voltage between pin 1 (MCLR) and pin 3 (GND) to see if you have something between 12 V and 14 V. It not, then your serial port is not supplying enough voltage.

You might also need to change the verifying options in IC-Prog for PIC16F84A (go to Setting menu, pick Options, then Programming tab, uncheck the option 'Verify after programming').

I prefer some parallel port programmer, such as EPIC, Schaer, Schaer+, ... Google them!

Cheers,

about pıc

try it , if not get success , i will upload the jmd complete here .

ok .
thank you

hi all,

I'm having same problem too. i planned to modify the circuit with external power source. could anyone help me on this???. I really appreciate u guys help... thanks in advance...

rgds,
aghielan

Hai guys..try to use "Winpic800" instead of ICprog for programming. This will detect the chips as it is inserted in the ZIF socket. If the connections are correct it should work at first power up. Nothing so special in it. We have sold more than thousands of these kits for various students and hobbyists. But today we do not have the kit as the serial port is obsolute. Your circuit requires only MCLR to be boosted to 13.8 volts from external supply which is done in my circuit. I am attaching my (JDM compatible)programmer which will work for most of the Old and popular PIC's. Do remember to select the programmer as "JDM" in the programming software. Try it. Hope it will help you. Goodluck..

Status
Not open for further replies.