Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help about designing embedded 8086 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilker

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have an final project about 8086 system designing,

the subject is decoding 4x4 keypad and writing the number to 7seg displays.

system must contain 8 digit 7seg displays, 4x4 keypad
8255 (ppi) for interfacing, eprom and ram with 8 bit wide databus.

if any one made a project like this please upload.

thanks ..

Check this:
**broken link removed**

and for thursday (dic. 23) i have a final exam about this (8088/8086 system and up), and im studing the hardware from this booK : intel microprocessor by Barry Bray.
Actualy the page that i give you is axactly like the book.

I cant give you now the complete hardware, cos i have to study, we can build something after my exam if someone doesnt have a system already build.

I have circuits about, demultiplexing the 8086 too.

Hi Friend I used to develop this type of architectures 15 years ago .The last one i did used a 186 which is a more integrated product .I assume that this is a school project right ? In that case It really doesn't make much more sense to use products that are DEAD .. but if you need help i still have all the programming tools .you should do it with the 88 wich has a 8 bit data bus ,less envolving !

i agree with eltonjohn, the 8085 or 8088 would be easier to work with. with the 8086 the tracks have to be really close and hence the PCB etching process is a bit difficult. and with 80186 it gets more complicated. and then the 80286 and the 80386 and above are out of the reach for a student to do in the lab.

thank you all,

i agree elton
this cant be a microproccessor project,
maybe a historical protject.

regards..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back