Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help: 24V 5 Ampere Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don_dody

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need Help: 24V 3 Ampere Power Supply

I have an information that says by combining 7805 regulator with TIP32C transistor will give 5V and 3 Ampere output. It is like this:

ps.png

Now I want to ask, If I combine 7824 regulator like the picture above (I mean replace the 7805 with 7824) , will I get 24V and 3 Ampere in the output ?

i don't think so, but you can try and see if the output can change

No, since the transformer output voltage is not high enough.

In addition, I would like to make some comments for the attached circuit:
- TIP32C current rating is 3 A, I would suggest using a higher current model unless you use a huge heatsink. It is always better to leave a safety margin between operating point and maximum ratings.
- D4 current rating is 1 A, it will not withstand operation at 3 A output. Why is this diode placed after the bridge rectifier?

No, since the transformer output voltage is not high enough.
Well, that is for 5 Volt. For the new one I will use 24V or 30V output from transformer

TIP32C current rating is 3 A, I would suggest using a higher current model unless you use a huge heatsink. It is always better to leave a safety margin between operating point and maximum ratings.
Actually my load is around 2 Ampere, so I decide to make 3A power supply. Is it enough now?

D4 current rating is 1 A, it will not withstand operation at 3 A output. Why is this diode placed after the bridge rectifier?
I have bought 1N5408 diode for the bridge. Previously I need to build zero crossing detector, so I use D4. Now I can omit it.

Well, If I do something like that, will I get 24V and 3A in the output?

Status
Not open for further replies.