Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need guidance for physical design flow(cadence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavan.mk

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I am a physical design trainee and I wanted some guidance regarding the physical design flow. How should I start for it? What all I should learn?
Please let me know what all I can refer to. If anyone can give me a brief information regarding the flow it would be really helpful for me to understand better. I came to know STA is also a part of it, so it would be great if I am guided about this topic also.

Thanks in advance.
-Pavan

Using the encounter is best way to learn physical design. Start with some test case and complete the flow. Don't worry much about violations (timing etc.). This will help you in understanding tool environment i.e. very important for a physical designer. If you have any doubt in between take help of experience engineers working in your company. Use encounter user guide and command reference. These will help you in clearing your doubt related to tool and flow. Register on Cadence Support . You will require hostID, for this again you can take help people already working in your company. You will find a lot of material on cadence website and this is very helpful.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/216977/#2
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/230180/#4
Static Timing Analysis

Hope this attached tutorial helps you.:arrow:

Attachments

• CADENCE Manual.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com