Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need free demo tool to learn the basics of synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayou1221

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Synopsys newbie

I have worked with FPGA using the Xilinx ISE and Verilog. Now I want to work with a synthesis tool like Synopsys to learn more about the timing paths etc.

But it is difficult to get acces to these tools. Can somebody point me to any way that I can practice basic synopsys scripting and synthesize small circuits to start learning this tool. Is there a small 'demo' account available for Synopsys.

I guess this will be difficult to get, in which case, can somebody please point me to any other freely available (or shareware) tool where I can learn the basics of synthesis. I already HAVE FPGA synthesis tools, I am looking for something ASIC.

All help will be really appreciated
Brian

Re: Synopsys newbie

I believe many FPGA vendors such as Xilinx provide "demo" software which you could use to practice.
Eric

http://www-asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/
Check this tool ; It is called Alliance and it has a complete ASIC flow with available open libraries. It doesn't take verilog ; it works on VHDL but u can try it ..
Thanks
Mohamed A.Salem

In fact, style of verilog or vhdl code is very import. The core of many tools of synthesis are the same.

If you can use one tool of synthesis,the others tools of synthesis also can use soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back