Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need explanation of what is AC Power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahara

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AC Power Supply

hi to all,

can anybody please let me know what is AC Power supply?..one of my customer is asking abt 270V/10A AC Power supply. i heard lot about DC Power Supply. bt realy dont have any idea on AC Power Supply of such range. Please reply as early posible. thank you

Re: AC Power Supply

Generally, an AC power supply with that kind of voltage would be the power supply for a device which runs of a smaller voltage. The 270V would be dropped down somewhere along the line for the device to use. You need to include a bit more information in order for this question to be answered properly.

Power supply what your customer is asking, may be required for some specific purposes. If you are from India, you'll get 220V as common power source which may be boosted to get 270 with 10 amps (3Kw max). you may contact www.united77.com for any custom made projects. Good luck

Sahara said:
hi to all,

can anybody please let me know what is AC Power supply?..one of my customer is asking abt 270V/10A AC Power supply. i heard lot about DC Power Supply. bt realy dont have any idea on AC Power Supply of such range. Please reply as early posible. thank you

If it means what Pranam77 said than an auto transformer can do the job.

ENJOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.