Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need example - bias current in CMOS integrated circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickbeer

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bias current

can someone show me the example of calculation to determine bias current in CMOS integrated circuit?

bias current

your question is beyond vague... what circuit in particular? opamp? lna? oscillator? SCL logic? what are your requirements and constraints? what process are you using? etc..

Re: bias current

oermens said:
your question is beyond vague... what circuit in particular? opamp? lna? oscillator? SCL logic? what are your requirements and constraints? what process are you using? etc..

hi oermens,

the circuit is comparator.See the the circuit in the attachment. How to determine the vbias? the process technology is 0.35um with 3.3 V supply voltage.

hello oermens,

sorry last time i forgot to attach the comparator diagram. you can see again from the previous message

Hi,

Id (M8 ) = Id(M9a) + Id(M9b)

so vbias = Vgs value which gives Id(M8 ) considering the effects of Vds8

Practically u can find this Vgs value by plotting V-I curve for M8

you can refer to any books on Analog CMOS design.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

kickbeer

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Blackuni said:
Hi,

Id (M8 ) = Id(M9a) + Id(M9b)

so vbias = Vgs value which gives Id(M8 ) considering the effects of Vds8

Practically u can find this Vgs value by plotting V-I curve for M8

you can refer to any books on Analog CMOS design.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

thx blackuni,

small question. Id(M9a) + Id(M9b) depends on Id(M8). Am i right? if we change Vbias, that means, we change Id of M9. Please correct me if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back