Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need current source 0-20mA schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcube_ns

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current source schematic

Hello friends,

I tried to search for schematic on this forum but I wasn't find any schematic i got over 7000 matches.

Can someone post me some, good one, schematic for current source (or link to it), (I want to use precise (10 or more round) potentiometer to change current), with transistors or OP amp or you tell me.

Thank you in advance.

Mr.Cube

constant current source schematic

One possible option is to use an opamp in voltage-to-current configuration where the output current I = Vin/Rsense .. drawback: sinking current ..

However, instead of trying to reinvent a wheel why not to use off-the-shelf solution ..
Its name is XTR110 and your multiturn potentiometer can be connected between 5V reference-ground and pin 5 (in 0-5V to 0-20mA configuration) ..
https://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/xtr110.html
( In fact you can copy its internal configuration and build the whole circuit using standard opamps) ..

Regards,
IanP

mrcube_ns

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back