Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need career advice..! Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skygazer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need career advice..!

First of all to give a quick background about me:
I am a electronics engineer with a B.Tech from one of the top 10 indian engineering colleges. I have been in the hardware/vlsi industry from the last 3 years. During this period i have worked in different types of activities including RF designs, FPGA design/verification, analog circuit simulation, board timing/power/fmea analysis etc.

The problem that my resume is not very strong because i had to stop and start over many times as per the needs of the projects i worked on. So my experience is not focussed on any particular field.

My questions are:
1. how will this effect my chances of suceeding in job interviews
2. which field will be suitable for me (in india offcourse) considering the huge impact of the recession on the EDA industry
3. when will hiring return to normal in india

Pls spare some time to give me some valuable suggestions regarding this.

~SkyGazer

Re: Need career advice..!

hi, since you have a variety of experience, I would suggest that you explore each different areas and see where your strenghts are.
You could try to choose a career path, where you can apply your strenghts.

Other way round, is to study and explore more on the areas of your experience, so that you become more knowlegeable.

Don't worry of your breaks in resume. Let recession takes its own turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.