Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need C example of zipping files using MSP430

Status
Not open for further replies.

emanuelcsm

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ZIP File using MSP430

HI,

I actualy use SmartMedia® Cards to save files, then I copy them to PC through a SmartMedia® Reader. Now I need to compact this files before save them on the SmartMedia.

Does someone have any example fo C language to compact files? ZIP format prefered.

Emanuel.

ZIP File using MSP430

The main problem will be the lack of SRAM in your system, because all algorithms require quite large buffers for dynamic dictionary or sliding window (for eaxmple, 32K in LZ77). But you can try the following free GPL SDK: https://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html
It is ANSI C and quite OK with resource requirements.

emanuelcsm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: ZIP File using MSP430

Emanuelcsm,

unfortunately I have a question for you, not an answer....
Are you using a file system that is directly readable from the PC? Is this opensource or can you provide links or references to free sources for FAT file systems for MSP430?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

emanuelcsm

Andrea said:
Emanuelcsm,

unfortunately I have a question for you, not an answer....
Are you using a file system that is directly readable from the PC? Is this opensource or can you provide links or references to free sources for FAT file systems for MSP430?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

Andrea,

yes I'm using a file system direct readable from PC.
I don't find any open source for this, I bougth the documentation necessary in SSFDC Forum and develop the system.

If you want to develop the same system I can halp you....

What is your questions?

SDS.

Emanuel Cassimiro
emanuelcsm@yahoo.com.br

Hi,

Not sure it will help ( but mybe it will ), I have some code that i found for the Microchip MCU and becasue i also write code to the MSP430 I know it want be to difficult to change the code from one to the other.
**broken link removed**
This code is used from an MP3 palyer that uses also the CF memory card. The code is in C so you want have to much truble to change it to the MSP430.
Good luck.

emanuelcsm

Emanuel,
I have no specific questions at the moment. I'm just starting a new project that will involve a file system on a CF, so I'd like to find a starting point for it. I think that the link that gidimiz suggested can be one. Thanks to both.
Andrea

emanuelcsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back