Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need book on Digital VLSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debdut

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have read CMOS DIgital Integrated Circuits by Kang, Leblebici. I need some advanced level book on Digital VLSI Design. The book should cover combinational & sequential designs in details. No need for MOS device physics, interconnet and device capacitances, etc. Can anyone suggest me some good books?

Hi ,
please check "digital design principles and practices" by john f wakerly . may be it will help you
regards

Reactions: Debdut

Debdut

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The book is great.
However can you suggest me any book that concentrates on CMOS implementations of the combinational & sequential blocks.

CMOS VLSI Design: A Circuits and Systems Perspective Neil H. E. Weste, David Money Harris

I think this is the best one to start with you can find only two chapters about combinational and sequential circuits
even though the book is really fabulous with a lot of basic information and concepts that you will need in this track
and will help you a lot in most interviews
from Amazon reviews " Not only does this book contain basic introductory information to digital circuits and VLSI design, it also has been updated with the latest research on important and interesting research topics in digital circuit and VLSI design. It cites many papers published within the past years. "

Reactions: Debdut

Debdut

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Mahmoud...

yes...
wakerly for digital and Neil Weste for cmos..

Also you can get this book " Digital Integrated Circuits: A Design Perspective" by Jan Rabaey
have two chapters in the sequential and combinational logic
but my advise in stead of studying this two books you can atttend this online webcast course by Jan Rabaey himself and he selected readings from both of these books (previous book and this one )
so this will make life easier you will understand a lot of basics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIvT8_iSX2A&list=PL58E8A0FB94D34CCD

(sorry that my previous post was incomplete i wasn't using my laptop and could't remember links)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back