Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need assistance identifying these connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturmgeshutz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
asset.jpg

Can someone help me identify these connections on this tandem cable. I use it for X-Ray testing. They go between a dosimeter and a kVp divider. I know one is a triax and the other a coax but is there anything else you can tell me about them just by a simple image.

Attachments

• SAM_0413.JPG
    SAM_0413.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:

They are all BNC type connectors. The outside two look like a standard in-line plug and socket, it's difficult to see if they are 50 or 75 Ohm types.

For the benefit of those of us who do not have fast internet and have their bytes delivered one at a time by snails, can you compress your pictures so they are a bit smaller please!

Brian.

your cables look very good, but it looks like not standard BNC, maybe they are double shield cables ?

I know one is a triaxial BNC (both female) and the other is a coaxial bnc (male and female), but I need another set of them and I have no idea their specs to order. I need them for another Triad dosimeter and kVp divider. I am dealing with milliroentgens and milliamps so they have to be quit transmittable/low resistance. I suspect the triaxial are also gold plated. no way of knowing.

yes, inner part is definitely gold plated. No idea how to order them, your equipment should have a list of parts and approved manufacturers, this could be also in service or maintenance documentation, or just ask a maintenance guy how to buy a replacement ...

@tsvetelin_velkov,
I tried that route. I don't have any of the documents and I took it to the biomed guys at my hospital, their response? "Well your're the physicist, if you don't know we certainly wouldn't." That ended that. The dosimeter is an old triad which very few places know anything about. I have however know that these cables are used throughout the country. I figured the pros here would know. I know it is pretty hard to figure out if you don't actually have them in your hand. I still have hope that someone here has actually used them in my application. Thanks for the responses so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.