Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need an analog bandpass filter (central frequency 50MHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hectoryx

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need an analog bandpass filter (central frequency 50MHz)

My circuit needs a analog bandpass filter and its detail information is as follows,

Central frequency: 50MHz
Pass band width: no less than 300 KHz and no more than 1.5MHz
Stop band attenuation: no less than -20dB

I have designed a LC filter according to the principles on ordinary textbooks. However I found that the value of L is too small (on the level of nH) that cannot be bought easily.

Could someone tell me that how can I acquire this filter?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Hector

you have to comprise Q if you only have one L and one C: scale L and at the same time scale C. Or you may use a pi sturecture so that you have one extra parameter and one extra degree of freedom. Usually this extra freedom is sufficient

I agree, that a LC series or parallel filter at an impedance level of e.g. 50 ohm involves unhandy L and C values. Usually bandfilters are build as a parallel circuit with high characteristic impedance (kohm range) and impedance transformation to the signal path.

Thanks so much.

I found that it was really helpful when I increased the order of the filter (increased the number of elements).

Status
Not open for further replies.