Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need advice on relay / switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwh138

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Gentleman,

I need some suggestions, I am hitting road blocks trying to find the right off-the-shelf relay and/or switch. Hopefully you can help me out with a link or better define the product that I need to look for.

I have a 12 volt DC power supply that connects to two electrodes. I need switch / relay (12 volts 1-1 1/2 amps) with a settable interval timer (seconds or minutes) that will switch polarity back and forth on the electrodes while it is powered.

Any idea on where I can find such product.

I was thinking that the switch should have 6 terminals, 2 for inbound power and 4 for outbound power, 2 wires (+/-) to each electrode that be switched back and forth by a timer.

Thank you for your advice.

Richard

Hi rwh138,
You can build the same with 555 timer in Astable mode and an DPDT Relay. we can help you to do that.
If you wish to buy, kindly refer the link Instron Electronics - T-45 Series Timers subsection FORWARD - PAUSE - REVERSE TIMER T45-FR . (googled)
You may get more by googling "forward reverse timer" or like that

Did you mean diy electronics kit or fixed modules ready to work.
In what country.

Regards KAK

@ kak111,

I would be open to either do it yourself kit or fixed modules. I need to make up a few units so the easier it is, the better, I was hoping to get everything for around $6-10 a unit.

Thank you.

Richard

For under 10$ is only one possibility , do it yourself from discrete components.

What is the control range for interval ( ie. min. .... max. time for 1 cycle) ?
( 50% time +/- and 50% time -/+)

Supply voltage 12Vdc
Output to electrodes 1.5A max
Other things ???

I can suggest you a circuit / schematic

Regards KAK

@ kak111,

The desire time interval would to switch back and forth the 12 volt / 1.5A max DC every 60 seconds. Sounds simple but I haven't been able to find anything.

Thank you for your time.

Richard

Google "interval timer". The Velleman Mk111 is an option if you modify the timing and add a DPDT relay. Commercial plug in modules can cost $100 or more.

KAK,

Thank you for your time and attention.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back